Zoom Privacy + Security
All enterprise software companies have the need to continually respond to new, creative ways researchers find to expose issues found with their products.
Beginning Spring 2021, to protect the privacy and security of our ASU community, we are pleased to share enhanced Zoom security features that align with security best practices.
Zoom will be requiring all meetings to have a passcode or waiting room enabled. The default settings for the waiting room are as follows:
- Anyone logged in with their ASURITE can enter the session automatically and bypass the waiting room.
- People not logged in to Zoom with their ASURITE will only be admitted once the host(s) allows them to enter.
- You will have the ability to disable the waiting room feature for your meetings, but do so with caution: if disabled, a passcode will be automatically added to all of your Zoom meetings requiring participants to enter a password before joining.
Additional Updates + Resources
- Privacy update from 3/31/21
- Privacy update from 7/01/20
- Privacy update from 6/11/20
- Privacy update from 5/1/20
- Privacy update from 4/27/20
- Privacy update from 4/8/20
- Privacy update from 4/1/20
- Zoom HIPAA Complance Guide
- Zoom SDK and Access
- Zoom and FERPA
- Preventing Course Disruptions in Zoom
- Remote Work Technical Security Work