UTO has identified the top reported WiFi problems. Below are some tips and best practices to get you connected!
- How do I connect to the ASU Wireless?
- My wireless connection is slow, how do I make sure it is setup properly?
- I'm having issues staying connected to the ASU wireless, how can I make sure it is setup properly?
- I'm connected to the ASU wireless, how come I am unable to access certain ASU resources such as My ASU and Blackboard?
- Why are routers, wireless access points, video streaming devices, and wireless printers listed as ‘Prohibited’ Items?
Tips and Best Practices for connecting to the ASU wireless:
- ASU students should be connecting to the “ASU” wireless connection. “ASU Guest” only allows general internet access. If you connect to the “ASU guest” wireless connection, you will not be able to access ASU services such as MyASU and Blackboard. For complete access to all ASU services, select the “ASU” network connection and login with your ASURITE ID and password.
- Delete/Forget any existing ASU specific wireless connections then reboot/restart your device. Now try reconnecting to the “ASU” wireless and login with your ASURITE ID and password.
- You must log into the “ASU” wireless using your ASURITE ID and password.
- If prompted, accept the certificate. Be sure you accept the certificate. If you do not accept the certificate you will not be able to log into the “ASU” network.
- Use of Routers, wireless access points, video streaming devices and wireless printers are prohibited on the ASU network.
- Signals from personal routers and wireless printers cause interference with ASU Wi-Fi, reducing signal strength and speed for any other wireless devices in the same building or area.
- Devices like Roku, Chromecast, wireless printers and other devices that communicate via Wi-Fi will not work on ASU Wi-Fi (ex: your laptop sending a print job to a wireless printer).
- You may have a printer; however, you must keep the wireless printing function disabled.
- Visit https://housing.asu.edu/living/policies and view the "Network Usage" section for more information about policies and prohibited items.
For additional help with Wifi issues, please call the Help Center to open a ticket at 1-855-278-5080.