Agile User Group Meeting: When to use and when not to use Agile: Pros and Cons
The next Agile User Group Meeting will be on Monday, May 12 at noon. Everyone is welcome to join or call in. Please feel free to bring your lunch. An RSVP is not necessary.
The topic of this session is: When to use and when not to use Agile: Pros and Cons
- Presentation by Catherine Caliouette from the Business & Decision consulting firm: about 25 to 30 minutes
- Facilitated discussion on this topic about ASU experience: 25 to 30 minutes
- Logistics for next meeting: 5 minutes
Monday, May 12, 12 pm – 1 pm
41950 (or 480-884-1950 from outside ASU) id: 4840
IT Service Management Update
Change Management pilot rollout is May 6!
The purpose of the Change Management process is to control the lifecycle of all changes, enabling beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to IT Services.
Key enhancements to our existing Change Management process include the following:
The risk and impact of any change is now automatically calculated based on the Change Requestor’s responses to a series of questions. This insures that risk assessment is uniformly being applied the same way regardless of who requests a Change.
Before the change goes to the CAB, the Change Requestor will be able to see if his/her requested change conflicts with any other requested or scheduled Changes, Blackout Windows, or Maintenance Windows.
In ServiceNow, Change Management records can be related to Incident Management and Problem Management records, which ensures a seamless flow of data between processes. Future releases may include similar functionality between Change Management and the Self-Service and Service Level Management applications.
For more information on ITSM and future ServiceNow releases, please visit our website.
Thanks to recent innovative updates, VidyoConferencing is even more useful than ever!
Why travel to meet? See and hear your colleagues, wherever they work; in all of ASU’s many places and beyond. Vidyo bridges the geographical gap between you and your team, with clear video and audio, without the need to leave the comfort of your desk.
- Engage remote coworkers in group discussions.
- Use iPads like whiteboards to draw out your thoughts, designs, and ideas.
- Include team members on the phone, using tablets and smart phones, even on cellular network connections.
- Use the new text chat feature to send messages to the group or individuals.
- Need to time-shift for absentee members? Record, and let others watch later.
- View webcast sessions with 4 clicks, so vendors or other observers can watch.
- Use your Room Link to invite non-ASU partners to fully take part in your meeting.
- Using VidyoWeb, allow guests to install a low-profile browser plug-in, without needing Administrator permissions.
Call an individual directly, or join their room for a group meeting.
This and more is available to all ASU faculty and staff using ASU’s VidyoConferencing system. Save time, money, travel, and hassle using technology! Contact your Deskside Support Team to get setup, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s New in Development?
Monique Jones joined the Product and Business Analysis team just this last month. She is a proud ASU alumnus who has spent many years in digital marketing and database management. In her most recent experience, she worked for a growing software company as their Product Specialist, assisting with data analytics, product development, mobile design, and user experience. Monique is lover of good food and furry creatures, and thoroughly enjoys weekends spent hiking, dancing, and binge-watching Netflix. Welcome Monique!
Nicole Beck (previously Phillips) from the Product and Business Analysis team had her baby girl! Evelyn Hope Beck born 4/24/14 at 9:02 pm, 9 lbs. 6 ozs. and 22 inches long!