Who Are We?
The ASU Project Management Network (ASU PM Network) is a faculty and staff organization in which project managers and those interested in project management (PM) at ASU can connect, communicate, and grow. The ASU PM Network provides training, networking, mentoring, and resources related to project management. We contribute to ASU's service excellence goals by improving our members' PM skills through activities and event offerings, providing PM tools and resources, and by enhancing and streamlining PM processes at ASU.
Our board members are elected by their peers to serve a two-year term in service to the campus community. Board members have a variety of opportunities to volunteer in providing leadership, networking, educational initiatives, and community engagement to ASU faculty, staff, students, and the Greater Phoenix area.
ANNOUNCING: The ASU PM Network Project Management Bootcamp!
Juggling tasks, deadlines and resources, this is project management. Even if you don't have Project Manager in your job title, you may still find yourself looking for tools or working to understand techniques for getting stuff done on time, on budget, with the resources you have.
The ASU PM Network Bootcamp facilitators will walk through techniques for:
- Understanding the true goal of the project (what problem is the project solving?)
- Communicating everyone involved (who needs to be responsible or just informed?)
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Gathering and documenting both organizational need for the project and it's techniques requirements
- Breaking down the work into manageable pieces
- Calculating timelines
- Managing resources
The structure of the Bootcamp sessions:
- 60-90 minutes each
- 1-2 session per month beginning October 20, 2021
- Some sessions will include additional coaching time for Q&A with Project Managers
- Attend one, multiple or all sessions
- Content is designed to follow basic project flow from kick-off to lessons learned
Have your project charter and scope statement questions ready!
Following the 45-60 minute content about charters and scope statements, we will also have a 30 minute project coaching session. We will take questions from attendees and discuss more real-world examples of charters and scope statements. Please send your questions in advance to email@example.com.
PM Bootcamp Topics and Schedule (subject to change)
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) creation
Schedule / Timeline
Budget / Cost
Resource management: scheduling and workload balancing
Leading project teams
Tracking and reporting project status / results