Like working with people and technology?
University Technology Office Classroom Support is currently recruiting hard-working students to fill key positions at the Downtown Phoenix, Polytechnic, West, and Tempe campuses that will be responsible for a wide range of service oriented roles.
Student employees of Classroom Support not only have diverse backgrounds and educational goals, but are also good problem solvers genuinely interested in helping people in a professional and courteous manner. They also demonstrate patience, tact, and have the ability to work in a dynamic customer service environment.
What do Technical Consultants do?
- Shadow staff and experienced TCs to learn how to assist clients with educational technologies and provide support in classrooms, computing sites, learning studios, and collaborative spaces
- Demonstrate new and emerging technologies
- Initiate, track, and close support cases
- Control inventory
- Setup equipment for special events
- Maintain classrooms, computing sites, learning studios, and common areas on a scheduled basis
- Attend training and development sessions
- Become a true agent of CARE, representing the University and serving as a resource for a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assist with instructor trainings
- Assist staff with projects
What are the qualifications to become a Technical Consultant?
- Be a current/returning student of Arizona State University
- Be in good standing with Arizona State University and Student Life
- ** Driver License is Required **
- Basic computer, software, and multimedia knowledge
- Familiarity with University resources (myASU, Help Center)
- Experience in taking charge and ownership of situations that may arise
- Highly personable, motivated, and organized
- Works well individually and in team environments
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Previous customer service or volunteer experience
What are the hours and pay rate?
- 10 to 25 hours/week
- Schedules Vary: Shifts available, Monday through Sunday, 6:30 am to 12:00 am
- Location: Varies between Tempe, DPC, West and Poly campus, check job posting for your campus
***** You MUST have at least two, 4 hour blocks of Monday through Friday availability in order to be placed on the schedule. Applicant must also provide a schedule of availability (not a class schedule)***
- Pay rate begins at $10.00 per hour
How do I get started?
If you are interested in working with us, please complete this form
. When openings become available, you will be notified and given more instructions for applying.
Click here to logon to the ASU Student Employment Website.
Follow us on Twitter at @ASU_UTO and @asutechstudio for job announcements and other news.
Other Job Opportunities
The ASU Help Center is an important point of contact for the student, parent, and the ASU community. The ASU Help Center is always seeking motivated, compassionate, and dependable individuals to serve as a knowledgeable and customer friendly contact point. Qualified individuals will have experience with technology from common day-to-day tools to underlying systems. All necessary training will be provided for this entry-level position.
Essential Duties Include:
- Consistently greet ASU customer calls with a warm tone of voice and a professional, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- After training, work with Salesforce, Integrated Search, MyASU, and other ASU electronic resources/tools to answer queries.
- Will shadow staff and experienced Technology Consultants to learn how to assist clients with educational technologies and provide support in classrooms, computing sites, learning studios, and collaborative spaces.
- Support classrooms, computing sites, learning studios, and common areas on a scheduled basis.
- Sit for extended periods while assisting ASU customer via phone, email, and/or chat.
- Complete daily shift start/end checklist.
- Document technological, phone, and/or site maintenance issues and report to supervisor.
- Document all customer contact in the appropriate CRM tool.
- Must be a current ASU student.
- Demonstrated customer service experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to work in a busy office environment and can accept flexible working time including weekends and evenings.
- Available at least 20 hours per week during ASU normal business hours in at least 3 or 5-hour blocks
- Essential- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Essential- Willing and able to learn new skills in order to assist guests.
- Basic computer, software, and multimedia knowledge.
- Familiarity with University resources (myASU, Help Center, and Outlook).
- Ability to take charge and ownership of situations that may arise.
- Highly personable, motivated and organized.
- Works well individually and in team environments.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous customer service or volunteer experience preferred.
- Must be willing and eager to learn new and emerging technologies.
To learn more about the Customer Service Specialist position at the ASU Help Center and apply, Click here to logon to the ASU Student Employment Website.
The Help Center is currently hiring!
Requisition Number 42121BR (closing June 1, 2018)