ASU IT GovernanceASU IT Governance Overview
Our light-touch approach to IT governance strengthens our community of practice and creates the guide rails within which individuals and teams innovate with greater efficiency and velocity.
ASU IT Governance Spheres of Influence
The ASU IT Governance approach enables visibility, connection and communication in a distributed IT environment and provides a foundation for the spheres of influence of ASU IT Governance: Strategic Prioritization including the development of annual strategic priorities, the IT Governance Community of Practice, IT Policy & Standards, and repeatable Governance & Compliance Processes in support of distributed technology units.
ASU IT governance catalyzes, enables and supports
- Cross-functional strategic planning and development of our annual strategic priorities
- Building an effective enterprise IT Governance Community of Practice
- Employing a stakeholder inclusion model in support of strategic prioritization
- Publishing enterprise-wide IT Policies + Standards to guide the innovative work of the enterprise
- Establishing tools and process to improve distributed technology unit compliance and reporting
- Driving continual improvement through supportive repeatable processes
- Actualization of the UTO 2.1 organization model--our reframing in FY21 as a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organizational structure that prioritizes and executes projects to better meet the needs of our community--and support for enterprise technology initiatives
- Embrace the voice of the customer and desired outcome across the business lifecycle.
- Actualize an agile approach in order to respond to continual change and rapid reconfiguration.
- Practice a light-touch approach and define guide rails to support balanced risk assessment and speed to innovation.
- Support informed decision-making as close as possible to the customer, where value is most realized.
- Foster an ASU IT Governance Community of Practice for diverse collaboration and strategic thinking.
- Nurture a culture of inclusion with trust, transparency and support for experimentation.